Thursday, January 31, 2013

San Francisco or bust...





Alice's Restaurant

a blue pussy....

China town......Tacky personified!

So I flew out of Atlanta  leaving a trail of destruction and broken hearts behind me,

Well not quite, but I did think it was a great opening line. I had thoroughly enjoyed meeting Lori and Chris but it was now time to hit San Francisco and I was excited about the prospect of meeting a bunch of new people.

But hang on, before I go further, can some one tell me what it is with the US airlines that they take so long to board, and seriously some of the so called hand luggage wont fit in the over head locker, how do they get away with that?

Anyway, arrived in San Francisco and was meet buy the world famous Bob ..so after introductions and discovering I don't have an Aussie accent,  Bob was good enough to take me to Alice's  Cafe, where I enjoyed a free lunch and a free T-Shirt..thanks Bob!    The drive up there is pretty cool as well, and low and behold found dear in the middle of the road......mmmm.... venison.....and thanks for the gift Bob, I am looking forward to trying it out when I finally get of my arse and go camping.






Geoff James Wannabe.....

Margarita for breakfast....Si...Senor..(wonderful Lady's who I wished I had been able to spend more time with Marianne and Katy.

Bob dropped me at my hotel, and as it is 2 stars I was not to be disappointed!

Brad and Brandy the lovely and famous bloggers from Oregon arrived and it was like a meeting of old friends, we headed for lunch and it was just fantastic to chat and talk with people who I felt I all ready knew.

You can read there reports here and here

I could do a report on about the Golden Gate bridge, and Alcatraz, China town, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square etc etc... and I am sure that is all very interesting and no doubt those who have never seen those places would enjoy it.  But for me it was not the places I went, but it was the people I met.








The Sunday morning breakfast in Alchemedia was awesome and again another opportunity to meet great people of like mind.  I think to be honest we could of spent the entire day sitting around the table chatting.
You put together a bunch of people from different parts of the country and the world, with a common interest...namely motorbikes....and you get a lot of laughter, fun ..and friendship which will last a life time.
That really sums me up.  I love hanging with people, I am a crap tourist. But I so enjoy talking and meeting  others.

The Sunday Night Incident...    Some times the best nights are the ones  not planned.  After the  great brunch and hours of walking around the Aircraft Carrier Hornet, Brandy, Brad and myself went back  into San Francisco. A Brief rest before agreeing to meet for some dinner....it gets very murky from here.  

I do know the beer tasted really nice, Sake became a life time friend...who I hope I never meet ever again...The three of us are permanently banned from a certain Sushi restaurant....and unbeknown to me, there is a pub  next door that actually makes screw drivers.  I have never laughed so much for ages, and I am buggered if I can remember what we were actually laughing about!  Who cares, great friendships are built on such occasions...

It was a wonderful experience for me, the whole trip was above my expectations.  Lori, Chris, Bob, Brandy, Brad, Marianne, Guido (His lovely life) and Katy...I feel so very privileged to have meet you all.  I feel very blessed, humbled and honoured to have met you all, the fact so many of you tavelled so far to see me and make my visit special will remain a wonder memory forever.

My Next blog will be dedicated to pictures from the Barber musumn...most of which Lori took....





19 comments:

  1. Wow Roger, ther trip of a lifetime, not just because of whre you were but because of who you were with. What a great way to meet up with some awsome people.

    Ta for sharing .. and of couse you dont have an aussie accent .. we can say six ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda...no..you say SEX...we say SIX>....glad we clarified that! It was indeed a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an adventure, maybe the GS on mud and stand is a bit safer. At least you might remember what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, watch this space may be coming to a town near you...

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh Rogey - we miss you so.

    Such a great weekend. We had entirely too much fun, well I think you and Brad had even more fun. But they certainly were good times. Thanks again for letting us share your weekend.

    I hear Gary France is headed to NZ - Is he headed your way? Do we need to warn him of the saki?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. miss you to Bandy, Yes GAry has just arrived down under, I pulled a few strings with immigration to make sure they let him in.., for god sake dont warn him, it will spoil all the fun!

      Delete
  4. What a great trip you had all in all~ along with meeting you, it was my pleasure! I hope you are talking about Alice's Restaurant up in the Santa Cruz mountains? It is really pretty there and a destination for riders. Lets us know when you are back because I, for one, do not want to miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KT, Yep, it was Alices Cafe.....I certainly wished we could of hung out some more, I barely got to know you, we will remedy that next time though!

      Delete
    2. xoxo! what fun!... we'll spend more time together the next opportunity for sure!

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh Rogey, it looks like your mates from the US and Canada have forgiven you as they're still talking to you, although it's probably because you've returned to NZ and their livers can have a well-earned rest ;-). Hope you have a ball with Gary - so sorry to be missing him.

    Oh, and Mr Smartarse..... I could be a closet Harley lover :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick a triumph sticker on it mate, and no one would be the wise..very much looking for ward to meeting Gary. Should be a blast.

      Delete
  6. Rogey:

    Ah, good memories of the weekend. It seems that you must have recovered from your ordeal and didn't leave anything out. Glad that we were able to share time with you during your vacation. Would have been a bit nicer with warmer weather and BIKES so we can go to Alice's again and ride down the coast.

    . . . and that does look a bit like Geoff on that old Harley.

    till next time

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, one day I will return and do just that. Thanks again for making an effort to come down and see me. And yes, I agree, does kinda look like the old fellow..

      Delete
  7. aaahhh....such a lovely time. Good friends, decent weather, good food, good chats, good liquor. :) I think many of us have warned Gary of the Sake. I have a feeling he will be able to hold his own against Rogey.

    You may have the Barber pics...but i need to find a way to get one voicemail off of my phone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori..Lori..Lori..now you know the golden rule, what goes on tour stays on tour! Gary is in the country...Dinner is at my place in a couple of weeks, looking forward to meeting him.

      Delete
  8. Wish I could make a trip like yours. Where do you get the money, I have to work my tired ass off for a dollar and the President takes 60 cents of that. I'm this close to going on a trip...that is if Ihad fundage.
    Know why it takes so long to board? Because they get paid by the piece so they carry the luggage on one bag at a time and try to fit it like a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mate,I don't think I will be going abroad for a while after that, cost me a bomb! I know things are tough in your country for the average man..but keep smiling!

      Delete
  9. How do you get to go for trips like that one. I hope i get the money and the time to travel like you do. I have a great passion for motorcycles and being a great fun of Harley Motorcycle Accessories.
    It is great that you had a good time and that the weather was welcoming.

    ReplyDelete