Monday, April 22, 2013

All good things...

My all time favourite pic of the Sprint.

Worlds longest place name.

Nathan.

Arty pic....

Taylor..


Off Road Adventures

South Island


must come to an end.

And so it is,  that I bid farewell to my beloved Sprint.  Sold in the flash of an eye.

58000kms of happiness together has come to an end.  Time to move on.  Time for change.  It is the most mileage I have ever done on a bike I owned.   It has always been a good and reliable bike.   BUT..

Time for new bike......WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love bike shopping.

No sooner had the casket been lowered, the dirt piled high, was I out searching for the next thing to float my boat...

Actually motorbikes seem a bit like my relationships...they last about five years!  (actually some only lasted five days but that is a drinking story, and don't get me started on the five hour ones).  Buy me a bottle of Vodka and I will tell you all about it.

Anyway I digress..

I just felt it was time for a change, the sprint has been a great bike for me. But while I still can I want some thing with a little bit more sports than touring, a bit of grunt, and it needs to be sexy....besides I need to keep up with that old bastard from Coromandel.

So my lovelies watch this space....

I Will give you a hint though...it's black!


(hope you enjoyed some of my favourite pics with my bike)





29 comments:

  1. Well, don't keep us waiting for too long.
    I'm going to miss that picture at the top of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger:

    I liked the Sprint. I nearly bought one 4 years ago when I was looking at bikes, but I don't need the power. I like to ride at scenic speed

    would it be the zx10R ?

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not a ZX 10.....

      Has a tad more horses than the sprint though.

      Delete
  3. I hope you aren't going to disappoint me Rog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll accept "bastard" as a compliment matey, but you could have left "old" out of it! I could be rude about your choice in so many ways but truth be told, it's stunning, especially the colour.

    Where shall we race to?? Sorry..... Ride in a responsible and controlled manner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Bastard"..was said in the most loving way! I just dont know how old slipped in there.

      Fancy a test ride on Sunday?

      Delete
  5. Oh goodie a new bike. What is it? What is it?

    oh oh oh come on man don't leave us hanginging

    Will we see you hanging out at latte shop wearing red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God man you sound as bad as me.....or is that as excited!

      Delete
  6. What's big, black and throbs between your legs??
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    a H-D... snigger, snigger, snigger...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the sale Rogey!!

    But I 'know' good things are coming. Looking forward to the introductory post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HHHmmmm.....maybe I could post up teaser pics like you so kindly did for me before the GS even came home. ;)

    I'm sorry to see the Sprint go. Hopefully it will make someone else as happy as it made you. And may you put many happy miles on the little black number you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on, I dare you!


      Tomorrow is the day, whoo! Will probably drink a bottle of vodka to celebrate

      Delete
    2. LOL. Wish I had seen this sooner. I might have... ;)

      Delete
  9. Now that would be too much of a hint..

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you get your new bike on the 24th I would consider it a birthday present.
    my birthday, your present

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh noooo, don't tell me you going to the darkside, you know, v-twin, pushrod, feet forward LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not George.....that is not going to happen!

      Delete
  12. I thought if I waited til all the comments had finished enough hints would have slipped through for me to guess ... Alas I still have no idea what your new toy is to be.

    C'mon show us already!

    Love your favourite pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not my hun.....within 36 hours all will be revealed.

      Delete
  13. If all will be revealed in 36 hours, I'm off to buy super dark glasses and supplies... don't think I can cope with something large and black and throbbing being revealed...

    ReplyDelete