Friday, June 28, 2013

Meanwhile downunder....

It has been raining a lot.  Did I say a lot?  Yes a lot. I don't think I have ever seen it as wet as it has been the last couple of months, we may have had an awesome summer but we are making up for it now.

Normally our winters aren't to bad.  Certainly motorbike riding is  not out of the question.  But the roads have not had a chance to dry out and it is evident by some slippery and slimy roads.  Geoff was talking the other day about taking a couple of associates out for IAM and both had traction issues.

So apart from a few IAM runs my motorbiking has been limited.  This has of course given me the opportunity to settle into the new house, set up my we man cave and do a few things to the bikes.  Finally getting around to setting up the GPS on the 650 and other electrical gadgets on the k1200.....u know what I mean, fish finders and the like!  It is also a good time to sit down and start planning a few bike trips.  Very keen to hit the South Island again this year on the 650 so I can explore some of the great back road leading up to the high country.  Roads like the Molesworth road  are places I haven't seen or ridden. I want to concentrate on the upper South Island taking in the Nelson lakes etc.

There is something to be said for a small home. Easy to manage and run.  Very happy I must say.


The Captain.

Notice the Team oreon cap....xx


With the soccer season in full swing,   the week with the kids is taken up with endless football training's and games for Taylor.  Meanwhile Nat has joined the sea scouts and decided mountain biking is what he wants to do...which means Dad has to do it to....shit.  Should be fun I suppose and we do have some decent tracks close by.  I just do prefer an engine when sitting on two wheels.

Hopefully some decent motorbike blods to follow soon.....as soon as spring gets here!


13 comments:

  1. Oh I am so looking forward to seeing posts of you on a mountain bike, at least it'll be lighter and easier to pick up than your GS. Although rain does equal mud and you do love playin' in the mud. Nice hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont hold your breath on the nountain bike thing, so far all i have managed to do is hang it up in the garage and it looks peeeetttyyy........

      yes I like mud, and jelly wrestling but that is an entirely differnt blog alltogether...

      Delete
  2. Let me know when you hop on the mountain bike mate and I'll bring the oxygen and defibrillator. Errrr...what's the rapper-type look with the cap on backwards in the first pic? Trying to embarrass your daughter? No wonder she's got big shades on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do mate, are u going to bring yours or Jennis?

      I actually dont have to try and embaress Taylor, i do it all the time and it is easy!.

      Delete
  3. "Meanwhile Nat has joined the sea scouts and decided mountain biking is what he wants to do...which means Dad has to do it to....shit."

    Aahhh Roger, Roger, Roger......come to The Dark Side, my young apprentisse.......

    Once you get over the feeling that you are going to DIE, you will have a blast. Un Zud has some of the best MTBing in the world. Lucky bugger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your support..duly noted, I do see a road trip to Rotura on the horizon during summer!

      Delete
  4. Nice hat Rogey!! Of course you'll make Geoff jealous wearing it around like that.

    Mountain biking you say. Good luck with that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And there's always vodka to soothe the muscles when you get home. Maybe a good excuse for a massage too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He will get over it.....Thanks for the good luck, not really looking forward to it actualy but certainly worth a try. Fun todo something with Nat anyway.

      Delete
  5. we've have had crazy strange weather this year...totally unpredictable. try mountain biking rogey, you may find you like it. i surprised myself when i did a fundraising bike ride in 2011, i thought it would kill me lol, but instead i LOVED it. go figure... i think anything on wheels is fun now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, anything on two wheels are great, I just prefere a throbing four stroke between them.....oh that sounded a bit wude!

      Delete
  6. Don't talk about rain, just did 500 miles from Ohio to NJ in the rain, heavy rain too and the damn trucks throw up so much spray. How many cc's on the mountain bike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete