Friday, December 9, 2011

My Favourite Five- Updated.

My apoligise I accidentially posted this blog before I finished it.  here is the complete version.

Well  the year is drawing to a close very fast, Christmas will be upon us in just a days.  So here is a little challenge for you.   Post your five favourite photos of 2011.  Tell us why you like them.  It could just be you like the pic or it could be more personal or of great meaning to you.  The only rule is that you have to have been the one who took them, and there must be at least one of you.

So here are mine....




1) This pic was my entry into Gary Frances ABC challenge.  Where you had to get a pic with a part of you and a centre line.  I like this pic because it was done in a rush, the weather was crap, it has a moody feel about it, but most of all with the wind blowing sand into our faces and it looking like it was about to rain, my 11 yearvold son took it.  That alone is a great reason why I love this pic.


2) I took this pic on a trip north to Russel in the beautiful Bay of Islands, abut 4 hours north of Auckland.  I think it just sums up the beauty of this great country.


3) Taylor with All Black Cory Jan.  I took this pic just outside Eden park. I got tickets to the All Blacks Vs Wallabies test match.  Not easy to do I can tell you, and not cheap.  We had a  great night with an All Black win.  Off course the All Blacks went on to win the World Cup and lift the spirits of a nation straggling with the Pike River mine Disaster and Christchurch earth quakes.



4)  Why is this pic important?  Because the man standing behind me is Terry.  The rock in my life and with out his support and love my life would be empty.  I am proud of him and who I am , and it would wrong of me not to include him in this blog.



5) My good friend Geoff took this pic (ye I know I broke a rule) , he captured a moment on tenderness between a father and daughter, to the average person this pic is nothing special, but to me it tells a story.

These are five of my favourite pics, each means something important to me.  On there own they perhaps are just average pics, but not to me.


And dont forget to post s link here, just in case I dont follow your blog.





24 comments:

  1. What a great idea.... Love the first two pics, I'll check back for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea, I will see what I can come up with and sift through roughly 5,000 pics of 2011 to find the fav 5... thanks, mate. Checking back for the other three soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures Roger. Good thing people are checking back for the other three pics, I thought it was crazy kiwi math for a bit. Looking forward to the next post.

    You mentioned top five pics of 2010, did you mean 2011?

    Great idea. Now I have to hunt through iPhoto. Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got ahead of myself and accidentially posted it while still working on it, hopefully you will all check back...and post yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lurking in again! Now that makes a lot more sense ;-) What a great combination of motorcycle and life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja, very much looking forward to seeing yours. Knowing some of your great pics I imagine it will be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rog:
    Bloody great idea mate! Here are my humble offerings: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-favourite-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of photos! They were all ones that I enjoyed when originally posted. I still have to question the look on Taylor's face in that last photo...she just doesn't look like she trusts you with your Cheshire cat grin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geoff: Godd stuff mate.

    Lori: I await in eager anticapation to see yours! and of course she trusts me..she has no bloody choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark [Marcus Argentus of MV]December 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM

    Roger, started reading your blog after seeing the link on Geoff James' blog. Thoroughly enjoy reading about your biking and non-biking adventures. The photos are marvellous - although biking is wonderful, family always comes first and somehow you have succeeded in getting the two together. Thanks for sharing.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mark: Cheers for popping in, yes always a challenge to mix both famly and hobbies together. Thankfully both kids and Terry enjoy being on the bike so it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures Roger. Each one with it's own story to tell. Thanks so much for posting them and coming up with the challenge idea.

    I will sort through my pics and hopefully get one up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures Roger! Fabulous idea. I just posted mine on my blog. Too many to choose from though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://trobairitztablet.blogspot.com/2011/12/un-deux-trois-quatre-cinq.html

    Here you go. Thanks again for the most excellent blog challenge!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics and thanks for the challenge. I like them all but the first one is a favorite, the beach photos you and Geoff post make me want to visit NZ. Photos of you, Terry and the kids are always great to see and encouraged my post. Glad you are happy and here's to 2012.

    My link as requested - http://troubadourtriumph.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-favourite-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dar, Brad an Trobaritz...all great pics, it has been fun seeing them all...now should I select my favourits from those posted ......?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea Roger! Not the most spectacular shots but one's that sure bring good memories:

    http://banditrider.blogspot.com/2011/12/favourite-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea Rog!
    I like that first pic its a beauty.

    Here are my 5 photos.

    http://chillerteksr1page.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-favourite-five-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool idea Roger, now I will have to go through my pictures. Love the first one, beautiful portrait of you, the "Rider". Great moment on the last picture with both of you smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for posting this challenge, Rog. I've really enjoyed checking out everyone's posts and photos because of it.

    I wish I was seeing your beach pic with my own eyes right this minute.

    My post can be found here: http://www.fuzzygalore.com/2011/12/2011-my-favorite-five-motorcycle-photos/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope this comment goes through, I posted a comment here a few days ago and it never showed up :-(
    In any case, I have posted my favorite 5, you can see them here:
    http://ridingusa.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-favourite-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. On the "lost post" I had said; what a great idea and I love your photos, specially the first one which shows what riding is all about and the last one of your daughter laughing with you, a special moment as all fathers know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. George: Yes the Father daughter bond is a stron one for me....long may it last. I loved your pics by the way.

    ReplyDelete