Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nature

Not much of a nature photgraphy am I , but when we were at the bach over christamas I was in awe of the birds that were around the place. The sound of Tuis singing in the morning was just majic.  Of cause trying to get photos of them proved a lot harder than I thought.  Must give it to those nature photgraphers they must spend ages waiting for the perfect shot.

Anyway here are a few that I did manage to take.

Californian Quail






Murry-The Weka

Just poking his head out!


I noticed the Weka the first day we were there, but trying to get a photo was a real mission, finally while sitting on the deck I heard a noise and looked down to see see him right beside me and managed to get a couple of photos before he scurried away.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos! Those Wekas are cheeky buggers. Years ago on Kawau Island when I was changing a roll of film on my SLR, one shot out of the bush and grabbed the aluminium film case that I'd put on the ground. Apparently, they like bright and shiny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard the same thing about shiny things, but this one actually seemed very timid. It was great though to finally get a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luck bugger to be getting out LOL, well it would be Rude not 2 Roger.....

    TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen a Weka until now. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well "Irondad", you just never know what you will find on miy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images. Love the fuzzy little ducks!

    So far I have been woefully unsuccessful in photographing wildlife. Thanks... ;)

    ReplyDelete